Monday, October 25, 2010

ministry at ikea

I did ministry today...at Ikea. Now, that's usually not a typical place to do ministry. Usually you might think about doing ministry at church or a soup kitchen, but not the Ikea in Burbank.

As I made my way through display after display, picking up pots and pans and other household furnishings, I suddenly realized that this shopping trip had purpose. I was buying things that will serve people. Now, I'll be able to invite people into my home for dinner and worship. It will be a place where people can come and be refreshed. It'll be an oasis in a dry place, where healthy relationships are nourished in community and God is made famous.

So, even though I'm not a big fan of spending cash on forks, knives, and spoons, I know that they will be used to bless others. Meaningful conversations will ebb and flow. Lives will be enriched.

What ministry have you done lately?

No comments:

Blog Archive