Thursday, October 14, 2010

Fight

As I think more and more of transitioning to Los Angeles, I sometimes get this suffocated feeling of being responsible for all of my needs. You probably know the feeling. Tasks, projects, and loose ends pile up, like endlessly treading water approaching fatigue. That describes my day. I began mentally and physically exhausted, asking for God's strength, presence, and trying to remember miracles of the past (Psalms 105:4-5). But all of the sudden my perspective changed.

I was reminded of the God who fights for me. Remember Moses? He was caught in a hard place when the Egyptian army was pursuing his nation. A large body of water loomed ahead, leaving the appearance of hopeless.

And then God speaks to Moses in Exodus 14:14, "the Lord will fight for you, and you have only to be silent."

Silent? It seems so contradictory and illogical. Shouldn't the Moses tell his people to pick up their weapons and start fighting back? Nope. God works differently. He tells us "...in returning and rest you shall be saved; in quietness and in trust shall be your strength" (Isaiah 30:15).

I'm going to sleep a lot better tonight, because I know a God who is fighting for me and preparing things for me while I rest.

What are your fighting stories?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Keep blogging :)

Blog Archive