Thursday, October 7, 2010

Earthquake

Do you ever feel like you are living through an earthquake? I sometimes do. Moving to California has definitely shaken me from everything stable in my life. The people I felt close to are now far away, family and friends. I left my city and my job.

But I came to an amazing discovery today. I realized that through this journey, I can become more stable than I ever have been in my life. I like to think of it as an earthquake (Is. 24:19). Despite world being broken, split apart, and violently shaken, I can stay anchored through my relationship with God Most High.

He always is near to comfort. Isaiah 51:12 makes it very clear: "I, I am he who comforts you..."

If you feel like the earth around your feet is being shaken, I'd encourage you to spend some quiet time with God. Soak up his strength and look on his beauty. He will meet you in a refreshing way that will revive your soul. I'd love to hear your earthquake stories and how God is moving.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jesus can't be all I need until He's all I have. God is stripping away everything I put between Him and me. It is difficult and painful. Like a major earthquake. He asks us to just rest in Him and trust Him. That is my prayer for you - that you continually have the sense that you are resting in the palm of His hand, safe and secure. D.

Blog Archive