Saturday, September 25, 2010

26.2

In a couple of hours I'll be running my first marathon. And I'm getting pretty stoked. For the past year, I've been training for this day, spending a lot of time running, reading up, and asking friends for advice about marathons. Last week I ran my longest run ever, 20 miles up and down Chuckanut Dr. Tomorrow I'm running 26.2 miles around the Bay, starting at Gooseberry Point and finishing up downtown.

This race symbolizes what God has been doing in my life for the past year and a half. It's been a time of recovery and rediscovery of God's love. I came to Bellingham in winter of 2009 without a firm sense of my self-worth; I was insecure and without a job. Through my brokenness and difficult times of silence, God has been healing my life and revealing that my life does have purpose and meaning. More convinced of this fact than ever, my life continues to be transformed as I wait on God. This marathon reminds me of what I thought was impossible and encourages me to pursue the life's next challenge.

No comments:

Blog Archive