Monday, September 14, 2009

No, Nope, Nay, Not Gonna Happen

I've been reading this great book by Sally McGhee called "Take Back Your Life." It's all about getting your life organized and focused so that you can increase productivity and get things done. In one of the sections, McGhee mentions the importance of saying no. It's something that is crucial to discern when to say so that insanity does not set in.

We live in a world where there are so many things vying for our attention. There is always something, always an event, always a task, always a project, always always always! Because of this, it becomes very important to say no to some of these items, otherwise, life would begin to feel like one distraction after another.

For me this is difficult because of this desire to make everyone "happy." I feel the need to say yes to anyone and everyone who requests me to do something for them. But in reality, I do not have to say yes to everyone and even if I say no, it is not going to be the end of the world.

So, in an attempt to make my life a bit easier, I have decided to say no more often and to think more deeply about when I say yes and my commitments. It might be hard at first, but I think I'll get the hang of it.

I guess I'll start right now. No! Nope! Nay! Not Gonna Happen!

5 comments:

鄭方源 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
鄭方源 said...

No!!!
I can't!!
I can't agree with you more!!
There will always be temptations, distractions and deception out there. Granted that your no's can be offensive, but why keep offending yourself by saying yes when you don't really mean it? Always always be the way you are!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Blog Archive